- 1 cup basil leaves
- 1 oz pine nuts, lightly toasted
- ¼ c parmesan cheese, grated
- 1-2 roasted garlic cloves, minced
- ⅛ c olive oil
- Salt and pepper (optional)
Linguine, Scallops and Tomatoes
- 5 oz of linguine (gluten free or regular) cooked per package instructions.
- 15-20 bay scallops
- 2 tsp olive oil
- Cherry tomatoes, 12-15 (poke each one with a fork, so they will not explode when you cook them!)
- 1 roasted garlic clove, minced
- Salt and pepper
- Parmesan cheese (optional)
Add more olive oil if needed, then put the tomatoes into the skillet, let them cook for 5-6 minutes. Tossing them ever 2 minutes. Remove from skillet.
Add the scallops back into the pan and stir them about to heat them back up, approx 1 minute.
Drain the pasta, reserving 1 tsp of liquid. Add 1-2 TBSP of pesto to the pasta and liquid; toss to coat. Use a two-prong carving fork to plate the pasta, and then add 1 tsp of pesto to the scallops, toss to coat. Arrange the scallops and tomatoes around the pasta. Yum!
You'll have left over pesto so you can make pesto chicken or more pasta later! Or freeze it and use it later. It thaws out pretty quickly and still tastes amazing!