Eventually I gave up because spending a lot of money is stupid. My facial routine was clean with water and pray. Pray a lot. My skin actually improved a little by doing nothing which let me to think that maybe all the chemicals were causing my face to freak out.
Ahhh.. so what can I do?!!
I found out that if I avoid dairy products the redness seems to be a little better, but I decided that I can do more! When I switched to more natural DIY household products (like laundry detergent) I noticed that my skin was happier and my allergies improved. So, maybe a natural DIY moisturizer would make my face happier, too. Makes sense right?
I did a lot of online research. A LOT of research.
I didn't want to make my face look worse so I wanted to be very particular about what I used. I decided to make a product with Aloe Vera, Almond oil, Jojoba oil, and vegetable glycerin. Why? Well, let me tell you!
- Smooths skin
- Build collagen and elastic which means less wrinkles and younger, tighter looking skin.
- Antioxidants which can help the skin repair sun damage.
- Helps reduce wrinkles
- Improve dark circles under the eyes.
- Smooth out the skin
- Dry skin retain moisture.
- It can trick your skin into producing less oils if you have combination or oily skin
- Retain moisture deep into your pores
- Anti-aging properties
- Powerful moisturizer.
- Unlike the other products, vegetable glycerin actually draws oxygen into the cells which helps you look more youthful.
- Help to support skin health
- Reduces wrinkles and dry skin
- Smooths skin and calms irritated skin
If you'd like to use a mister bottle this is the product that I've been using: 2 oz Cobalt Blue Glass Bottle with Fine Mist sprayer 6/bx
Questions: Read this -- DIY Beauty Basics
And if you're Pregnant or planning on becoming Pregnant, you have to read this!
Avoid Chemicals in Cosmetics while Pregnant
If you want to see how safe your beauty products are then check out the skin deep cosmetic database. It's a crazy cool (yet scary) website that I use when looking for new beauty products).