And if you are afraid that it just wouldn't be fair to the other ladies in your life if you looked THAT good, then you can always make a large batch and give them out spread the love!
This recipe is fun, easy and anyone can easily customize the recipe to suit any personality and style! My favorite part is that the color is just a soft tint and the lip balm is ultra-moisturizing which I need this winter!
But what is the most important part of this recipe..... it is a safe, non-toxic option to other chemical filled lip tints and balms. Most people can agree that there are actually quite a bit of nasty things in lip makeup like lead, cadmium, chromium, aluminum, vitamin A palmitate, propylparaben, and a lot more! One study even said those smoochable lipsticks and lip glosses may be a health hazard which is so sad!!
The good news is when you make something yourself-- you know exactly what goes into them and how safe they are! With a few simple ingredients you can safely smooch anyone you like. MUAH!
Tinted Lip Gloss
One recipe fills 2 regular sized lip balm tubes
- 1 tsp Organic Coconut Oil
- 1 tsp Beeswax Pellets Organic
- 1 tsp Organics Raw Shea Butter
- 3 drops Castor Oil (omit if you do not want gloss)
- 3 drops Vegetable Glycerin
- Optional: 4-5 drops vitality dietary essential oil (see below)
Keep in mind this is lip gloss has a tint-- do not expect drastic colors with this DIY. I am working on a lipstick which will give you more defined color! Stay tunnnnned!
- Thieves: spicy, warm lips
- StressAway: to help keep you calm all day long
- Lavender: for dry, cracked lips
- Jade Lemon: exotic and soothing on the lips
- Peppermint : for plump, full lips
- And more! Just pick your favorite essential oil to add to the mix
If you are not just using high quality essential oils, I would be honored if you would join my team. We have online support groups, newsletters and 1:1 help so you can reach your goals. Find out more here.
What kind of make-up DIY would you like to see next?