But I always wait around. It's the perpetual problem of my life: procrastination. And since I wait around, I make New Years Resolutions. It's a cycle and I'm okay with it.
So this year I decided to make my New Year's resolution that is so simple, but also something that I really needed to do for a lot of different reasons.
I should really drink more water.
I've known this for years, but as I said-- I procrastinate. I always have made the excuse that as a nurse I never had TIME to drink more water. In fact, I would like to blame my nursing career for making me become accustomed to being chronically dehydrated. Now my body doesn't even think of asking for any kind of refreshment because it's become so efficient on running on hardly anything. So now I have to remind myself that I need to drink. That's the hard part because, well, I already admitted it-- I like to procrastinate.
But now I'm not working as a nurse and I'm a student again. I have plenty of time to do lots of things especially drink more water. Now there is NO excuse!
Drink water and lots of good things happen
- You get better looking skin
- It keeps you looking young. Yay!
- It helps your hair stay healthy
- You can lose weight (maybe I can get rid of those 5 pounds after all!)
- Water really helps your kidneys and PREVENTS Kidney Stones (definitely don't want those)
- Reduces Constipation
- Helps you to build muscle so you can look lean and fit for Bikini Season
- Reduces Joint pain by keeping everything lubricated
- Helps to fight off or prevent illness and keeps you healthy!
These are LifeFactory water bottles and they are such a cool concept. First, they are glass which is healthier than plastic and they are wrapped in this silicone cover to cushion them against breaking. I've had them for about 6 months and they've held up great.
I got one with a straw (the raspberry color) and one with a pop top (the blue one). I will say that the pop top is better than the straw for the most part, but the tops are all interchangeable. You can buy a top in a different color or style for the water bottles so it's really customizable.
I fill one up and carry it around with me. And they are dishwasher safe! ;)
2. Want a snack? Drink water instead and then re-evaluate in 5-10 minutes if you're still hungry
It's kind of amazing because it's seriously cut down on my snacking. I feel those five pounds dripping off my body!
Also, we can get the hunger and the thirsty cues in our bodies mixed up and most people will lean towards the idea that they are hungry when, in fact, they are thirsty.
For Christmas, The Man bought me this awesome infuser water bottle because he knew I needed to drink more water. And, man, did he do a great job. This is seriously genius. You can put whatever fruits you want into the infuser to make custom flavored water such as…
- Cucumber Mint
- Strawberries with Rosemary leaves
- Cinnamon and Apple
- Raspberry and Lime
- "Sangria"-- lemon, lime, peach, and orange
- Ginger and Lemons
- Honeydew and cucumber