|I forgot to take a picture with the Thieves 15 ml bottle! Ooops!!|
Thieves essential oil got it's name because during the time of the Black Death, grave robbers would steal valuables from the bodies, but they never got sick. When they were "gently" questioned, they told their secret. The blend of Rosemary, Lemon, Clove, Cinnamon and Eucalyptus that they used is now called Thieves essential oil. Cool, huh?!
This isn't just an old wives tale-- hospitals around the world are switching to using Thieves in place of chemical cleaners! Why? Because IT WORKS! And if you know anything about hospitals, they can't do anything without research.
But that's the joy of Thieves-- it's powerful stuff that's gentle on human bodies, even for those who are the most sensitive. Some of my favorite ways to use Thieves essential oil is for immune boosting and for cleaning:
- Immune Boosting Foot Rub
- Diffusing Thieves to help to purify the air
- Taking Thieves internally to help boost my immune system
- Cleaning with Thieves to help keep my home clean
- Making Foaming hand soap with Thieves
Thieves Household Cleaner
The Thieves Household Cleaner is by far one of my favorite cleaning products from any company. EVER.
Thieves Household Cleaner smells great and it does a better job at cleaning than any product I've used before! I use this for everything too!
- Laundry: 1 capful of Thieves Household Cleaner with 1 TBSP of my DIY laundry detergent keeps my clothes smelling fresh and feeling so soft.
- Dishwasher: 1 capful in the bottom of the dishwasher with a generous portion of vinegar and I like to add 1 capful to a small glass in the top rack.
- All Purpose Cleaning Spray: 1 capful of Thieves Household Cleaner in 2 cups of water and add to a spray bottle.
- Clean your walls and baseboards: Dust the area first! Mix 1 capful of Thieves Household Cleaner with 3 1/2 cups of water and then clean walls, outlets, baseboards and vents.
- Clean the floors: Mix 1 capful in 4 cups of water and 1 TBSP of white vinegar and mop mop mop away!
- Carpet Shampoo: I used 1/4 cup for two gallons of water.
- Clean yoga matts or gym equipment: 1 capful in 2 cups of water and spray on equipment, then wipe down.
- Oil Stains on Clothes: I used the cleaner neat on a cloth and rubbed the stains with the cloth until faded, then wash.
- Carpet Stain Remover: If I have an old, tough stain-- I will add Thieves Household Cleaner straight right on the stain and let it sit for a couple minutes, then scrub it with a brush until it goes away. But if it's a newer stain, I use 1 capful in 3 cups of water. This is great at removing animal urine odors too! You can watch the video below to see how it well works on carpet stains:
Thieves Oral Care
I started making my own DIY oral care products because I despise what's in most retail products, but this brand is definitely an exception.
One of our biggest issues is storing DIY products-- they should be in glass or essential oil graded plastic. This happens to be a big problem for Clint because he's a firefighter so he's constantly transporting hygiene products to and from work.
Luckily, Clint is obsessed with these Thieves oral care products. He just loves the toothpaste and the mouthwash. He says they leave his mouth minty fresh and squeaky clean. In fact, he says his mouth has never felt cleaner!
We both really love the flavor and feel of the Thieves oral care product line. It really feels like your mouth has exploded with freshness.
They also have a Thieves Dental Floss if you want the complete oral care kit, but it's not included in the Thieves Premium Starter Kit.
P.S. I like to oil pull with Thieves! Yum!
This is an ethanol and aloe based hand purifier that comes in a wonderful sized container that would fit easily into a purse or pocket. Clint is taking these to work with him to use in place of chemicals.
I don't feel like there is much to say about these. It's hand purifier that smells awesome.
End of Story.
This is a great spray for cleaning off door knobs, shopping carts, restaurant tables, waiting room furniture, or anything that may end up in your toddler's mouth. It can also help to deodorize the air if something stinky is lurking nearby.
I always carry the DIY Cleaning Spray in my purse, but this is a really great option to use especially if you don't want to carry glass or take the time to make your own. The store bought version is not ingestible.
Clint is also taking this to work with him to clean his sleeping space at the firehouse. Not only will his cot be clean, but it will also smell a thousand times better than anyone else's.
Foaming Hand Soap
We are suckers for foaming hand soap. Seriously. We go CRAZY over the stuff. We used to buy Bath and Body Works Hand Soap by the buckets, but then we found out what kind of chemicals are used to create those amazing smells. So disappointing!
I did a ton of research and I began making my own foaming hand soap to help my foaming hand soap addiction. Now, I love my recipe and I think it's great, but these hand soaps definitely are more foaming than my DIY version.
We keep one in the guest bathroom at all times. I admit that it's a huge hit when guests come over. They all want to know where we got it as they rave about how great their hands smell. And you can always tell who didn't wash their hands. Just saying!!!!
The Thieves Hand Soap comes with a soap pump which is not pictured.
Thieves Premium Starter Kit vs. Thieves Essential Rewards Kit
Lucky for all of us, there are two kits which allow us to buy all of these products on discount! You have to be a member with Young Living to be eligible for these kits, but if you are-- the savings are tremendous! The Premium Starter Kit has a little bit more than the Essential Rewards kit, but both are still a great value!
Both the Thieves Premium Starter Kit and the Thieves Essential Reward kit have the following:
- Two Thieves Household Cleaners
- Two Thieves Waterless Purifiers
- Two Thieves Sprays
- Two Thieves Hand Soaps with a pump
- One Thieves Toothpaste
- One Thieves Mouthwash
- One 15-ml bottle of Thieves Essential Oil
- 5-ml bottle of Stress Away Essential Oil
- Roller fitment (roller cap)
- Samples of Peace and Calming, Lemon, Lavender, Peppermint, and Thieves
- Samples of NingXia Red (energy/nutritional drink)
- Educational material
If you'd like to join my Natural Living Support Group on Facebook please fill out this form!
Remember, the premium starter kit is only available to members and the essential reward kit is only available of you are signed up for Essential Rewards. Essential Rewards is the autoship program that allows members to earn reward points that can be redeemed towards free products AND you always earn discounted shipping on every Essential Rewards order.