Negativity is like dust-- it can just keep collecting and piling up. Eventually our piles of dust can be so thick that it's hard to see or even remember what's underneath them. But as soon as we start brushing that dust away, then we start to see the glimmer of the awesomeness that is there. It may be a negative space or a negative part of ourselves, but with a little TLC we can make it radiate with all the things that make it (or us) so amazing.
Let me share with you four very simple way that you can start taking that step forward out of negativity, but first let's have a little chat....
6,000 years ago people used herbs to help clear away negativity. Now before you go "That's just crazy!" let me explain. Before we had technology, people survived and thrived by using plants and what God gave them. It worked for thousands of years and developed quite a reputation for itself. In fact, many plants had similar uses in different areas of the world even though these civilizations never communicated. Coincidence? I think not.
You can use a variety of herbs and plants to help reduce negativity in your life or in your home. Essential oils are great for dispelling negativity because they are concentrated plant matter. Here are 5 of the most popular essential oils which can help dispel negativity (click the names to find out more about them).
- Sage is cleansing and purifying. It is mentally uplifting.
- Lavender restores balance and creates a peaceful atmosphere.
- Cedarwood is deeply purifying, especially for clearing negative emotions.
- Use to bless a home before taking residence
- Rosemary brings clarity and peace
- Juniper purifies and creates a safe space.
- 1 oz distilled water
- A pinch of fine salt
- 10 drops of Sage Essential Oil
- Optional: 5 drops Lavender, Rosemary, Juniper or Cedarwood essential oil
Did you know that salt crystals have an amazing natural ability to absorb negative energy? That's what makes this carpet cleaner have a little more bang than my original carpet freshener. If you don't have carpets, then you can also put salt into small bowls and put them into each room.
- 1/2 cup of Fine Salt Crystals (try buying salt in bulk to save money)
- 1/2 cup Baking Soda
- 10 drops of Juniper Essential Oil
- 5 drops Cedarwood Essential Oil
- 5 drops Lavender Essential Oil
If you have an essential oil diffuser (like the Rainstone Diffuser) then you can diffuse essential oils to help reduce negativity around you. Feel free to combine any combination of rosemary, lavender, sage, cedarwood, and juniper that suits your needs. You may even find they may help you sleep better or may help your co-workers to behave!
Fun story! When my mom cleared the energy in her home for the first time in 50 years, she noticed an immediate difference in the attitudes of the occupants of her house! She said everyone was happy and calm including her eight pets!
I would love to hear your stories about clearing energy if you would like to share.