Let me explain....
First you have to understand that men are simple creatures. They don't want a lotion for this and a cream for that and an oil for this other thing. No! They want ONE THING for EVERYTHING. "The Man" has dry skin and a lot of scuff so I thought I'd make him one product to take care of both! Tada!
DIY Beard Moisturizer
- Glass Mist Bottle or Dropper Bottle
- 2 TBSP Distilled Water
- 2 TBSP Almond Oil (if allergic to nuts, use Jojoba oil)
- 3 TBSP Witch Hazel Toner (alcohol free)
- 1 tsp Vegetable Glycerin
- 5 drops Argan Oil (optional)
- Optional: 5-8 drops of Essential oils (see below for ideas)
When he's ready to use it, just give it a little shake (oils can separate).
It's best to use after a normal face wash OR after the shower.
- Lightly spray mixture a couple of times directly on your face and beard. You will need to massage it into your beard for just 15-30 seconds. If you feel like you need to rinse then you can simply use water, but there is no reason that you would need to remove the mixture.
- Use a dropper bottle. Depending on the beards length and density you will need to use between 3-8 drops of the conditioner for your beard. Massage it into the beard. Wash with water, if desired. For your skin, you can use as many drops as you feel necessary to moisturize your face. For my moisturizer, I use 3-5 drops daily.
If you want to have a scent or added benefits to your beard then you can add essential oils. I would recommend staying away from citrus as it can cause photosensitivity (more easily sunburned), but here are some ideas of what you can add:
- Peppermint: Oily skin or hair
- Cedarwood: Thinning hair
- Rosemary: Thickens hair
- Lavender: Dry skin or beard
If you'd like to join my Natural Living Support Group on Facebook please fill out this form!