And noooo... I am not talking about those popular retail brands. I stay a million miles away from all retail air freshener products because they are one of the MOST TOXIC substances you can find! Seriously. Google it and you will probably toss out every air freshener product you own lickety-split.
FUN FACT: Did you know that most retail air fresheners are derived from petroleum and can aggravate the respiratory system? True story. If you have respiratory goals (or if you simply like to, you know, breathe) then you may want to consider ditching those plugins and sprays ASAP!
Soooo... did you google it? If you did, now imagine all of those scary things floating around in a small, enclosed space where we (and our family) spend hours every day. Sounds like a great idea, right?!
DIY Car Air Freshener
- 2 oz Spray or Mist Bottle (like this one)
- 1 oz distilled water
- 1 oz rubbing alcohol or vodka
- 25-30 drops of essential oil (I recommend these)
- Pinch of salt
- 25 drops of Christmas Spirit
- 20 drops Purification + 10 drops of Bergamot
- 15 drops of Idaho Balsam Fir + 10 drops of Lavender
- 15 drops of Northern Lights Black Spruce + 15 drops of Geranium
- 15 drops of Purification + 10 drops of Lavender
Are you oily yet?
If so-- YAY! You know the amazingness that comes with living a more chemical free life. If not, then please consider joining my chemical free team. I'd love to help you reach your goals! Find out more here.
Wanna make your own Car Diffuser? Check out these great ideas!
Easy Car Diffuser
Cute Car Diffuser
Felt Car Diffuser