It has great texture, complex flavor, moist chicken and a creamy peanut dressing. Every bite is interesting and different and it tastes like something you'd get at an Asian restaurant, but better.
In my opinion, there are only a few salads can stand up as a meal on their own, but this one does the trick! Delicious.
What You Need:
- 1 bag of coleslaw mix
- 1 Rotisserie chicken: breast and thigh meat, shredded
- 1/4 of a papaya, chopped
- 3 green onions (green parts only), chopped
- 1 bunch of cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 c of peanuts, chopped or crushed
- 3 garlic cloves, roasted and chopped.
- 2 TBSP soy sauce
- 2 TBSP white vinegar
- 2 TBSP Sugar or 1/2 tsp of Stevia
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- 1 TBSP lime juice, fresh squeezed is best (1 lime)
- 1/2 tsp fish sauce
- 1/4 c creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 c water
I put the portion size that I want of the salad mixture into a ziplock bag, add a couple of scoops of the dressing, and shake. After I put it into the bowl I pour just a little bit more dressing on top and then you're done! Easy, yummy salad!
The salad mixture is good for about two days if you don't put the dressing on it right away. I keep the two separate so I can eat more the next day! It's so yummy!
This recipe is based on one that I got from Pinch of Yum, but I made a few adaptions. She also puts some peppers in her dressing so if you like more of a kick, then definitely try it out.