This recipe was inspired by my love of avocado and honey and the fact that I believe that if you won't eat it-- then don't put it on your body. I seriously need to make a chocolate body wrap.... Mmm... chocolate...
- Coconut Oil moisturizes, cleans, and soothes skin while also having both anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties to help with many types of skin conditions.
- Almond Oil moisturizes, rejuvenates, and calms skin
- Avocado moisturizes and soothes skin while also acting as an anti-inflammatory
- Honey moisturizes, but more importantly soaks up impurities, cleans your skin, and is loaded with antioxidants (goodbye wrinkles!). It also is GREAT for acne sufferers! It's got some great antibacterial properties that aren't seen in other products.
Avocado and Honey Face Mask
- 1/4 Avocado, mashed (you can opt to remove this if you don't have an avocado or use 1/2 tsp avocado oil. If you're allergic to Avocado-- use a banana!)
- 1/4 tsp Almond Oil (Aura Cacia Nurturing Sweet Almond Natural Skin Care Oil, 16-Ounce Bottle)
- 1 TBSP Raw Honey (Y.S. Eco Bee Farms Raw Honey - 22 oz), slightly warmed-- not too hot or you may destroy the beneficial aspect of the honey.
- 1 TBSP Coconut Oil (Trader Joe's Organic Coconut Oil (2-Pack)) This is better quality than the one I used in the picture!
- Optional: 2-4 drops of skin friendly essential oils like Lavender or Frankincense
I hope you enjoy this mask!